Basic Life Support
Course Description- You must read all the text, manuals, quizzes and watch all videos in this course. This course is designed to be completed at your own pace, this can be a subject a day…
You must read all the text, manuals, quizzes and watch all videos in this course.
This course is designed to be completed at your own pace, this can be a subject a day or you can complete the whole course in one go as it saves your progress. Basic Life Support is the first segment in the course and it begins with learning how to approach a medical emergency safely. This process includes identifying hazards and ensuring the scene is as safe as circumstances allow for rescuers, the people involved in the emergency and any bystanders that may be present. Basic Life Support also looks at the positioning of an unconscious person, the procedure for calling the emergency services, the emergency assessment, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. This module will also examine defibrillation and obstructive airway management in adults, children, and infants.
Our learning is designed to be completely free and as you know already this has been designed as a community-based project. Having completed this module there is an opportunity at the end of the other modules to undertake a formal practical assessment that will lead to a recognised qualification. This module provides you with all the learning to complete the Basic Life Support assessment. The next two modules are Basic First Aid and Intermediate First Aid.
- Complete 21 modules of Basic Life Support, Part 1 of 3 segments.
- How to identify and manage dangers including environmental conditions
- How to perform CPR
- How to access and attach an AED when available for adult child or infant
- How to manage a collapsed person according to the persons condition ie breathing or not breathing
- How to check the response of a person
- How to open an airway
- How to assess whether a person is breathing or not breathing
- How to correctly position a person into the recovery position if breathing
- How to manage an unconscious person that is not breathing
- Management and how to clear a foreign body airway obstruction for an adult, child or infant
Basic Life Support